Honda HR-V Hybrid 2022 Fastening a Seat Belt User Manual
Fastening a Seat Belt
After adjusting a front seat to the proper position, and while sitting upright and well back in the seat:
Adjusting the Seats P. 194.
- Pull the seat belt out slowly.
- Insert the latch plate into the buckle, then tug on the belt to make sure the buckle is secure.
Make sure that the belt is not twisted or caught on anything.
No one should sit in a seat with an inoperative seat belt or one that does not appear to be working correctly. Using a seat belt that is not working properly may not protect the occupant in a crash. Have a dealer check the belt as soon as possible. Never insert any foreign objects into the buckle or retractor mechanism. If the seat belt appears to be locked in a fully retracted position, firmly pull out on the shoulder belt once, then push it back in. Then, smoothly pull it out of the retractor and fasten it. If you are unable to release the seat belt from a fully retracted position, do not allow anyone to sit in the seat, and take your vehicle to a dealer for repair.
About Your Seat Belts P. 42
Seat Belt Inspection P. 51.
- Position the lap part of the belt as low as possible across your hips, then pull up on the shoulder part of the belt so the lap part fits snugly. This lets your strong pelvic bones take the force of a crash and reduces the chance of internal injuries.
- If necessary, pull up on the belt again to remove any slack, then check that the belt rests across the center of your chest and over your shoulder. This spreads the forces of a crash over the strongest bones in your upper body.
Improperly positioning the seat belts can cause serious injury or death in a crash. Make sure all seat belts are properly positioned before driving. To release the belt, push the red PRESS button and then guide the belt by hand until it has retracted completely. When exiting the vehicle, be sure the belt is properly stowed so that it will not get caught in the closing door.
Adjusting the Shoulder Anchor
The front seats have adjustable shoulder anchors to accommodate taller and shorter occupants.
- Move the anchor up and down while pulling the shoulder anchor outward.
- Position the anchor so that the belt rests across the center of your chest and over your shoulder.
The shoulder anchor height can be adjusted to four levels. If the belt contacts your neck, lower the height one level at a time. After an adjustment, make sure that the shoulder anchor position is secure.
Seat Belt with Detachable Anchor
- Pull out the seat belt’s small latch plate and the latch plate from each holding slot in the ceiling.
- Line up the triangle marks on the small latch plate and anchor buckle. Make sure the seat belt is not twisted. Attach the belt to the anchor buckle.
- Insert the latch plate into the buckle. Properly fasten the seat belt the same way you fasten the lap/shoulder seat belt.
Using the seat belt with the detachable anchor unlatched increases the chance of serious injury or death in a crash. Before using the seat belt, make sure the detachable anchor is correctly latched. To unlatch the detachable anchor, insert the latch plate into the slot on the side of the anchor buckle.
Advice for Pregnant Women
If you are pregnant, the best way to protect yourself and your unborn child when driving or riding in a vehicle is to always wear a seat belt and keep the lap part of the belt as low as possible across the hips. Wear the shoulder belt across the chest avoiding the abdomen.
Each time you have a checkup, ask your doctor if it is okay for you to drive. To reduce the risk of injuries to both you and your unborn child that can be caused by an inflating front airbag:
- When driving, sit upright and adjust the seat as far back as possible while allowing full control of the vehicle.
- When sitting in the front passenger’s seat, adjust the seat as far back as possible.
Seat Belt Inspection
Regularly check the condition of your seat belts as follows:
- Pull each belt out fully, and look for frays, cuts, burns, and wear.
- Check that the latch plates and buckles work smoothly and the belts retract easily.
If a belt does not retract easily, cleaning the belt may correct the problem. Only use mild soap and warm water. Do not use bleach or cleaning solvents. Make sure the belt is completely dry before allowing it to retract.
Any belt that is not in good condition or working properly will not provide proper protection and should be replaced as soon as possible. A belt that has been worn during a crash may not provide the same level of protection in a subsequent crash. Have your seat belts inspected by a dealer after any collision?
Not checking or maintaining seat belts can result in serious injury or death if the seat belts do not work properly when needed. Check your seat belts regularly and have any problem corrected as soon as possible.
View Full User Guide: Honda HR-V Hybrid 2022 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals
Honda 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]