Kia Telluride 2023 Infotainment System and Lighting
In the 2023 Kia Telluride, cutting-edge technology and artsy lighting come together to create an experience like no other in a car. At the heart of this interesting story is the infotainment system, a multifaceted masterpiece that combines entertainment, communication, and navigation into a single, easy-to-use interface. With its bright touchscreen display and easy-to-use controls, it gives both the driver and the guests access to a world of music, apps, information, and a seamless way to connect their smartphones. On a different stage, Telluride’s carefully thought-out lighting system changes the mood of the car by giving it a beautiful and useful glow. The ambient lighting that fills the cabin with a rainbow of colors and the adaptable LED headlights that light the road ahead with precision and grace are just two of the lighting features that bring the Telluride to life and make it look better and work better. The lighting and infotainment system work together to make the cabin feel more luxurious and engaging, which shows that Kia is dedicated to taking the driving experience to a whole new level.
Vehicle Settings (Infotainment System)
Vehicle Settings in the infotainment system provide user options for the settings including door lock/unlock, convenience features, and driver assistance.
Do not adjust the Vehicle Settings while driving. You may be distracted from the driving task and could crash.
Setting Your Vehicle
- Press the SETUP button on the head unit of the infotainment system.
- Select Vehicle and change the setting of the features.
- Vehicle settings
- Driver assistance
- Drive mode
- Active sound design
- Head-up display
Do not operate the Vehicle settings while driving. This may cause distraction resulting in an accident.
- The information provided may differ depending on which features are applicable to your vehicle.
- The infotainment system may change after software updates. For more information, refer to the manual provided in the infotainment system and the quick reference guide.
Driver assistance settings (infotainment system)
Select Settings → Vehicle → Driver assistance on the infotainment system screen to set the Driver Assistance function.
- Driver assistance
- Driving convenience
- Speed limit
- Warning Timing
- Warning Methods
- Driver Attention Warning
- Driving Safety
- Parking safety
Head-Up Display (HUD) (if equipped)
The Head-Up Display (HUD) is a transparent display that projects an image of certain information from the instrument cluster and navigation system on the windshield glass.
- The HUD image on the HUD screen may not be visible when:
- Sitting posture prevents visibility.
- Wearing polarized sunglasses.
- There is an object on the cover of the Head-Up Display.
- Driving on a wet road.
- Lighting is turned on inside the vehicle.
- Light is entering the vehicle from the outside.
- Wearing inadequate glasses for your eyesight.
- If the HUD image is not displayed well, adjust the height, rotation or illumination of the HUD in the cluster.
- When the HUD needs inspection or repair, have your vehicle inspected or repaired by an authorized Kia dealer.
A: Vehicle Settings
- Head-Up Display
- Enable Head-Up Display
The HUD display can be activated or deactivated in user setting mode while the engine is ON.
The Head-Up Display is a supplemental system. Do not solely rely on the system, always drive safely, and pay attention to the driving conditions on the road.
- Turn By Turn navigation information (if equipped)
- Road signs (if equipped)
- SCC setting speed (if equipped)
- SCC Vehicle Distance information (if equipped)
- Lane Following Assist information (if equipped)
- Lane Safety information (if equipped)
- Blind-spot safety information (if equipped)
- Highway Auto Speed Change information (if equipped)
- Highway Driving Assist information (if equipped)
- Surrounding vehicle information
- * Road signs and Turn By Turn navigation information are available depending on the region.
On the LCD display, you can change the HUD settings as follows.
- Display height
- Content selection
- Speedometer size
- Speedometer color
* For more details, refer to “LCD Display Modes” on page 4-76
This vehicle is equipped with a variety of lights to illuminate the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
To prevent the battery from being discharged, do not leave the headlight and interior light on for a prolonged time while the engine is not running.
Battery saver function
The purpose of this feature is to prevent the battery from being discharged if the lights are left in the ON position. The system automatically shuts off the parking lights after the engine is off and the driver’s door is opened. However, the position lamps stay ON even when the driver-side door is opened if the light switch is operated after the engine is turned off. If necessary, to keep the lamps on turn the position lamps OFF and ON again using the headlamp switch on the steering column after the engine is turned off.
Daytime Running Light (DRL)
The Daytime Running Light (DRL) can make it easier for others to see the front of your vehicle during the day. The DRL can be helpful in many different driving conditions, and it is especially helpful after dawn and before sunset. The DRL will turn the dedicated lamp OFF when:
- The headlight switch is on.
- The vehicle is off.
- The front fog light is on.
- Engaging the Parking Brake.
The light switch has a headlight and a position lamp position.
To operate the lights, turn the knob at the end of the control lever to one of the following positions:
- OFF position / DRL off position.
- Auto light position
- Position & Tail lamp
- Headlight position
Position & Tail lamp
When the light switch is in the position lamp position, the tail, license and instrument panel lights will turn ON.
When the light switch is in the headlight position, the head, tail, and license lights will turn ON.
The ENGINE START/STOP button must be in the ON position to turn on the headlights.
When the light switch is in the AUTO light position, the taillights and headlights will turn ON or OFF automatically depending on the amount of light out-side the vehicle.
- Never place anything over the sensor (1) located on the instrument panel as this will ensure better auto-light system control.
- Don’t clean the sensor using a window cleaner, the cleaner may leave a light film which could interfere with sensor operation.
- If your vehicle has window tint or other types of metallic coating on the front windshield, the Auto light system may not work properly.
Operating high beam
To turn on the high beam headlamp:
- Push the lever away from you. The lever will return to its original position. The high beam indicator will light when the headlight high beams are switched on.
Do not use high beam when there are other vehicles in front of or approaching your vehicle. Using high beam could obstruct the other driver’s vision.
To flash the headlights:
- Pull the lever towards you.
It will return to the normal (low beam) position when released. The headlight switch does not need to be on to use this flashing feature.
Operating turn signals and lane change signals
The ENGINE START/STOP button must be on for the turn signals to function. To turn on the turn signals:
- Move the lever up or down (A). The green arrow indicators on the instrument panel indicate which turn signal is operating. They will self-cancel after a turn is completed. If the indicator continues to flash after a turn, manually return the lever to the OFF position. To signal a lane change:
- Move the turn signal lever slightly and hold it in position (B).
The lever will return to the OFF position when released.
If an indicator stays on and does not flash or if it flashes abnormally, one of the turn signal bulbs may be burned out and will require replacement.
If an indicator flash is abnormally quick or slow, a bulb may be burned out or have a poor electrical connection in the circuit.
One-touch lane change function
To activate a one-touch lane change function, move the turn signal lever slightly and then release it. The lane change signals will blink 3, 5 or 7 times.
You can activate or deactivate the One Touch Turn Signal function or choose the number of blinking (3, 5, or 7) by selecting “User Settings →Lights → One Touch Turn Signal”.
The infotainment system may change after software updates. For more information, refer to the user’s manual pro-vided in the infotainment system and the quick reference guide.
If the turn signal indicator stays on and does not flash, or if it flashes abnormally, a bulb may be burned out or have a poor electrical connection in the circuit. The bulb may require replacement.
Operating front fog light (if equipped)
Fog lights are designed to provide improved visibility when visibility is poor due to fog, rain or snow, etc.
The fog lights will turn on when the fog light switch (1) is turned to the on position after the headlight is turned on.
To turn off the fog lights:
- Turn the fog light switch (1) to the OFF position.
High Beam Assist (HBA)
High Beam Assist is a function that automatically adjusts the headlamp range (switches between high beam and low beam) depending on the brightness of detected vehicles and certain road conditions.
Front view camera
The front view camera is used as a detecting sensor to detect ambient light and brightness while driving. Refer to the picture above for the detailed location of the detecting sensor.
- Always keep the front view camera in good condition to maintain optimal performance of High Beam Assist.
- For more details on the precautions of the front view camera, refer to “For-ward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) (Sensor Fusion)” on page 6-4.
High Beam Assist setting
A: Vehicle Settings
- High Beam Assist
With the ignition switch or EV button in the ON position, select ‘Lights → High Beam Assist’ from the Settings menu to turn on High Beam Assist and deselect to turn off the function.
For your safety, adjust your high beam settings only after parking the vehicle at a safe location.
High Beam Assist operation
Display and control
- After selecting ‘High Beam Assist’ in the Settings menu, High Beam Assist will operate by following the procedure below.
- Place the headlamp switch in the AUTO position and push the headlamp lever towards the instrument cluster. The High Beam Assist ( ) indicator light will appear on the cluster and the function will be enabled.
- When the function is enabled, high beam will turn on when the vehicle speed is above 25 mph (40 km/h). When the vehicle speed is below 15 mph (25 km/h), high beam will not turn on.
- The High Beam ( ) indicator light will appear on the cluster when the high beam is on.
- When High Beam Assist is operating, if the headlamp lever or switch is used, the function operates as follows:
- If the headlamp lever is pulled towards you when the high beam is off, the high beam will turn on without High Beam Assist canceled. When you let go of the headlamp lever, High Beam Assist will turn on again.
- If you push the light switch towards the instrument cluster, High Beam is turned on and High Beam Assist is released.
- If the headlamp lever is pulled towards you when the high beam is on by High Beam Assist, low beam will be on and the function will turn off.
- If the headlamp switch is placed from AUTO to another position
(headlamp/position/off), High Beam Assist will turn off and the corresponding lamp will turn on.
- When High Beam Assist is operating, high beam switches to low beam if any of the following conditions occur:
- When the headlamp of an oncoming vehicle is detected.
- When the taillamp of a vehicle in front is detected.
- When the headlamp or taillamp of a motorcycle or a bicycle is detected.
- When the surrounding ambient light is bright enough high beams are not required.
- When streetlights or other lights are detected.
Malfunction and limitations Malfunction
A: Check the High Beam Assist system
When High Beam Assist is not working properly, the ‘Check High Beam Assist system’ warning message will appear
and a warning light ( ) will appear on the cluster. Have the function inspected by an authorized Kia dealer.
High Beam Assist may not work properly in the following situations:
- Light from a vehicle is not detected because of lamp damage, or because it is hidden from sight, etc.
- The headlamp of a vehicle is covered with dust, snow or water.
- A vehicle’s headlamps are off but the fog lamps are on and etc.
- There is a lamp that has a similar shape as a vehicle’s lamp.
- Headlamps have been damaged or not repaired properly.
- Headlamps are not aimed properly.
- Driving on a narrow curved road, rough road, uphill or downhill.
- The vehicle in front is partially visible on a
- There is a traffic light, reflecting sign flashing sign or mirror ahead.
- There is a temporary reflector or flash ahead (construction area).
- The road conditions are bad such as being wet, iced or covered with snow.
- A vehicle suddenly appears from a curve.
- The vehicle is tilted from a flat tire or is being towed.
- Light from a vehicle is not detected because of smoke, fog, snow, etc.
- Depending on the instrument cluster specification or theme, images or colors may be displayed differently.
- For more details on the limitations of the front view camera, refer to “For-ward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) (Sensor Fusion)” on page 6-4.
- At times, High Beam Assist may not work properly. The function is for your convenience only. It is the responsibility of the driver for safe driving practices and always check the road conditions for your safety.
- When High Beam Assist does not operate normally, change the head-lamp position manually between high beam and low beam.
Q: What type of infotainment system does the 2023 Kia Telluride come with?
A: The 2023 Kia Telluride is equipped with an advanced infotainment system featuring a touchscreen display.
Q: What is the screen size of the infotainment system in the 2023 Telluride?
A: The 2023 Telluride features a large 10.25-inch touchscreen display for its infotainment system.
Q: Can I connect my smartphone to the infotainment system?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride supports smartphone integration through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Q: Does the infotainment system include navigation?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride’s infotainment system comes with built-in navigation functionality.
Q: Are there any USB ports available for charging and connectivity?
A: Absolutely, the 2023 Telluride provides multiple USB ports for charging and connecting devices.
Q: Does the infotainment system support voice commands?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride’s infotainment system supports voice commands for various functions.
Q: Can I stream music or use online services through the infotainment system?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride offers support for music streaming services and online connectivity.
Q: Is there a rear-seat entertainment system available in the 2023 Telluride?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride offers an available rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens.
Q: Can I control the infotainment system from the steering wheel?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride provides steering wheel-mounted controls for easy access to the infotainment system.
Q: Does the infotainment system have Bluetooth connectivity?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride’s infotainment system features Bluetooth connectivity for wireless audio streaming and hands-free calling.
Q: What type of headlights does the 2023 Kia Telluride come with?
A: The 2023 Kia Telluride is equipped with LED headlights for enhanced visibility and energy efficiency.
Q: Are there any advanced lighting features available in the 2023 Telluride?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride offers available features such as adaptive headlights and LED daytime running lights.
Q: Does the 2023 Telluride have automatic headlights?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride includes automatic headlights that turn on and off based on ambient light conditions.
Q: Are fog lights available in the 2023 Telluride?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride offers available fog lights to improve visibility in adverse weather conditions.
Q: Does the Telluride have LED taillights?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride comes with LED taillights for better visibility and a modern look.
Q: Can I customize the interior lighting in the 2023 Telluride?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride offers customizable ambient lighting options to create a personalized interior atmosphere.
Q: Are there any lighting features that assist with parking or maneuvering?
A: Yes, the 2023 Telluride offers features like LED puddle lights and approach lighting to assist with parking and maneuvering.
View Full User Guide: Kia Telluride 2023 User Guide
Download Manuals: https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/manuals.html
2023 Kia Telluride Specs, Price, Features and Mileage (Brochure)