Kia 2023 Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty and Federal Emission Control Warranty
The 2023 Kia Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty and the Federal Emission Control Warranty are two bases of assurance in the world of car ownership. They show that Kia is always committed to making sure their cars last, are of high quality and are good for the environment. The Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty protects against the sneaky effects of rust, which keeps sheet metal parts’ structural integrity. The Federal Emission Control Warranty, on the other hand, is required by federal law and makes sure that parts that deal with pollution meet strict environmental standards. These warranties show that Kia is committed to making cars that are not only reliable and long-lasting but also good for the environment. They build trust and confidence for every trip.
Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty
Subject to the other terms and conditions of this limited warranty manual, Kia America, Inc. (“Kia”) warrants that it will arrange for independent Kia brand service facilities at locations of its choice to provide for the repair of your vehicle if it fails to function properly during normal use. Such service facilities will remedy such failures to function properly at Kia America, Inc.’s expense, if you present your vehicle to such a service facility during its normal operating hours, provide sufficient information to permit a proper identification and diagnosis of the failure to function, and permit the facility adequate time to perform the necessary repair. As this obligation is subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of this Manual, you should refer to the manual to understand which repairs and replacements are covered by this warranty. If an Authorized Kia Dealer declines or fails to carry out a proper repair or replacement of a factory installed part covered by this limited warranty without charge to you, Kia will (a) determine if the repair or replacement requested by you is covered by this Anti Perforation Limited Warranty and, if so, (b) obtain cooperation from an Authorized Kia Dealer to conduct such repair or replacement without charge to you. However, Kia’s obligation to do (a) and (b) requires you to contact the Kia Consumer Assistance Center and provide all materials needed by them to carry out those obligations to you. The Center can be contacted at the address or phone number provided in the Kia Owner Satisfaction and Assistance Section of this manual, or can also be found at the Kia website at http://www.kia.com.
- Warranty Period
The warranty period is for the first 60 months/100,000 miles from the date of first retail delivery or when it is first put into service, whichever comes first.
- What is Not Covered
- Any perforation due to corrosion of the Kia Vehicle which is caused by industrial fallout, accident, damage, abuse, vehicle modifications or damaging or corrosive cargo in the Kia Vehicle.
- Any surface corrosion of the Kia Vehicle which does not result in perforation, such as that caused typically by sand, salt, hail or stones.
- Any perforation due to corrosion of a part of the Kia Vehicle which is not a body sheet metal panel. As used herein, the “body sheet metal panel” specifically excludes all parts which are components of the exhaust system of the Kia Vehicle.
- Defects or damage resulting from the use of parts not sold or approved by Kia including the resultant damage to associated parts or systems.
- Any perforation due to corrosion of the Kia Vehicle caused in whole or in part by a failure to maintain the Kia Vehicle in accordance with the procedures specified in paragraph 3. “Your Responsibilities”
- Your Responsibilities
- Inspect the body sheet metal panels of your Kia Vehicle on a regular basis (at least monthly) to detect any chips or scratches in the paint or protective coating and to repair them immediately.
Special care should be taken to protect your Kia Vehicle from corrosion under the following conditions:
- If you drive on salted roads, or if you drive near the ocean, flush the underbody as needed, and at least weekly with clean unsalted water.
- It is important to keep the drain holes in the lower edges of the body clear.
- If your Kia Vehicle is damaged due to an accident or any event which may cause damage to the paint, have your Kia Vehicle repaired as soon as possible?
- If you carry special cargo, such as chemicals, fertilizers, deicing salt, or other corrosive substances, be sure that such materials are well packaged and sealed. Any leakage of such materials will void this warranty where the leakage has occurred.
- If you drive frequently on gravel roads, we recommend that you install stone guards behind each wheel.
- Inspect the body sheet metal panels of your Kia Vehicle on a regular basis (at least monthly) to detect any chips or scratches in the paint or protective coating and to repair them immediately.
- To Get Warranty Service
You must take your Kia Vehicle, along with this manual, to any Authorized Kia Dealer in the United States during its normal service hours.
- Limited Liability
Liability under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of factory installed parts that fails to function properly. Such repair or replacement shall be carried out by an Authorized Kia Dealer at its place of business. This warranty does not include any other expense, including but not limited to those for any replacement transportation or for the loss of use of your Kia vehicle.
- Other Terms
The “Other Terms” stated on page 12 in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty section of this manual also apply to this warranty.
Emission Warranty Definitions
- “EPA” means the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- “Owner” means the original and each subsequent owner of a Kia Vehicle.
- “Kia Part” means a part sold by an Authorized Kia Dealer, whether new or remanufactured, and supplied by Kia.
- “Emission Warranty Part” means a catalytic converter, thermal reactor, or other component installed on or in a Kia Vehicle by or at the direction of Kia for the sole or primary purpose of reducing the Kia Vehicle’s emissions (not including those vehicle components which were in general use prior to model year 1968 and the primary function of which is not related to emission control). A list of typical Emission Warranty Parts is set forth at the end of this warranty.
- “Certified Part” means a replacement part for a Kia Vehicle certified in accordance with after-market part certification regulations issued by the EPA.
- “Written Maintenance Instructions” means those maintenance and operation instructions, together with the time and/or mileage interval at which such maintenance are to be performed, specified in the Owner’s Manual for the Kia Vehicle or this Warranty and Consumer Information Manual as being necessary to assure compliance of the Kia Vehicle with applicable emission standards during the term of this warranty, as specified by law.
Emission Defect Warranty
Vehicles Equipped with a California Certified Emission Control System and registered or normally operated in the State of California or any other state* that adopts California emission warranty provision are also entitled to the California Emission Warranty.
California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington.
Kia America, Inc. warrants to the ultimate purchaser, and each subsequent purchaser, that your Kia Vehicle is (1) designed, built, and equipped so as to conform at the time of sale with the applicable regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (the “EPA”), and (2) free from defects in materials and workmanship which would cause it to fail to conform with the applicable regulations for a period of vehicle operation that does not exceed 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever occurs first, if the failed Emission Warranty Part is listed in the 24 Month/24,000 Mile Emission Warranty Parts List at the end of this Federal Emission Control Warranty or for a period of vehicle operation that does not exceed 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, if the failed Emission Warranty Part is listed in the 96 Month/80,000 Mile Emission Warranty Parts List at the end of this Federal Emission Control Warranty. The applicable warranty period shall begin on either the date the Kia Vehicle is sold to the first retail owner, or on the date the Kia Vehicle is first placed in service (for example if used as a demonstrator, lease, or company car), whichever is earlier. If there should be such defects within this period, Kia will, at its option, repair or replace them with new or remanufactured parts, free of charge at an Authorized Kia Dealer in the United States and the liability of Kia under this warranty is solely limited to such repair or replacement.
This warranty does not apply to or include repair or replacement required, not as a result of defects in materials or workmanship of Kia but, as a result of such factors as (i) accidents, (ii) misuse, (iii) lack of proper maintenance, (iv) repairs improperly performed or replacements improperly installed by any person other than a Kia Dealer, (v) a replacement part or accessory not conforming to the Kia specifications, or (vi) any of the items listed under “What is Not Covered” in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty on pages 9-11 and “Other Items Not Covered by this Warranty” on Page 22 of this manual.
This warranty is given in lieu of all other express or implied warranties on the part of Kia America, Inc. or the Authorized Kia Dealer selling the Kia Vehicle. No dealer, or any agent or employee thereof, or any other person, is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty.
Emission Performance Warranty
This warranty has been prepared in accordance with certain regulations promulgated by the EPA which provide that a remedy will be available under this warranty only when a vehicle fails an EPA-approved emission short test, generally under circumstances which subject the Owner to a penalty under local, state or federal law because of such failure. As of the date of the printing of this warranty, many states did not have vehicle inspection programs for testing vehicles for conformity with such short test and had not enacted laws subjecting vehicle Owners to such penalties. Therefore, it is possible that in many states or local areas no remedy will be available under this warranty as a matter of law.
Pursuant to Section 207 (b) of the Clean Air Act, Kia warrants to each Owner that if:
- The Kia Vehicle is maintained and operated in accordance with the Written Maintenance Instructions; and
- The Kia Vehicle fails to conform at any time during the term of this warranty to the applicable emission standards of the EPA, as judged by an emission test approved by the EPA; and
- Such nonconformity results or will result in the Owner having to bear any penalty or other sanction (including the denial of the right to use the Kia Vehicle) under local, state or Federal law, Kia shall remedy the nonconformity at no cost to Owner except that if the Kia Vehicle has been in operation for more than 24,000 miles or 24 months since the date of retail delivery or first use of the Kia Vehicle, Kia shall be required to remedy the nonconformity only if it results from the failure of an Emission Warranty Part listed on the 96 Month/80,000 Mile Emission Warranty Parts List.
- Term of Warranty
This warranty shall commence on either the date the Kia Vehicle is sold to the first retail delivery or owner, or on the date the Kia Vehicle is first placed in service (for example, a demonstrator, lease, or company car use), whichever is earlier. This warranty shall be effective for a period 2 years or 24,000 miles from such date, whichever occurs first, except that if the failure to conform to applicable emission standards results from the failure of a part listed on the 96 Month/80,000 Mile Emission Warranty Parts List at the end of this Federal Emission Control Warranty, this warranty shall be effective for a period of vehicle operation that does not exceed 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
- Owner’s Warranty Responsibilities
Each Owner is required to comply with the Written Maintenance Instructions and a claim under this warranty may be denied on the basis of noncompliance by the Owner with such instructions. If and when it is considered that the vehicle’s nonconformity with the applicable emission standards has resulted from the Owner’s noncompliance with those Written Maintenance Instructions which the manufacturer considers necessary for the vehicle to meet the standards, the Owner may be required to submit evidence of such compliance, and therefore, receipts and other documents covering the performance of scheduled Maintenance Service and proper use in accordance with the Written Maintenance Instructions, including but not limited to validated Scheduled Maintenance Record of this manual, should be retained by the Owner and should be transferred to each subsequent Owner of the Kia Vehicle.
- Use of Kia Genuine Parts
The Kia Vehicle is designed, built and tested using Kia Genuine Parts so that the Kia Vehicle is able to perform in conformity with EPA regulations as provided by this warranty. Accordingly, it is recommended that any replacement parts used for maintenance, repair or replacement of the Kia Vehicle be Kia Genuine Parts, or parts equivalent to those with which the Kia Vehicle or its engine was originally equipped.
- Use of Non-Kia Parts
Owner may elect to use Certified Parts other than Kia Genuine Parts in the performance of any maintenance or repairs and such use in itself will not invalidate this warranty. However, use of other than Kia Genuine Parts may cause Kia to deny an Emission Performance Warranty claim if the Certified Part used is either defective in materials or workmanship or not equivalent from an emission standpoint to Kia Genuine Parts.
- Repair or Replacement by an Authorized Kia Dealer
Your Kia Dealer shall make all adjustments, repairs or replacements necessary to assure the Kia Vehicle complies with applicable emission standards of the EPA and that the Kia Vehicle will continue to comply during the remainder of the term of this warranty (if proper maintenance and operation are continued).
- Warranty Claim Procedures
A warranty claim may be submitted by presenting the Kia Vehicle to any Authorized Kia Dealer during the Authorized Kia Dealer’s regular business hours, together with a copy of a failed emissions test. Upon presentation of a claim, Kia shall notify the Owner within 30 days, or such shorter period of time within which repair is required by local, state or federal law, that the claim will be honoured or shall provide the Owner in writing with an explanation of the basis upon which the claim is being denied. Failure to notify the Owner within such time period shall cause Kia to be responsible for repairing the Kia Vehicle free of charge to the Owner unless such failure is attributable to the Owner or to events beyond the control of Kia or the Authorized Kia Dealer.
- Maintenance by Other Than an Authorized Kia Dealer
Maintenance, replacement, or repair of the emission control devices and systems covered by this warranty may be performed by any automotive repair establishment or individual using Certified Parts. However, such non-Kia Certified Parts will not be covered by Kia’s emission system warranties should such parts fail at a later date.
- Consumer Assistance
If you have any questions regarding your warranty rights and responsibilities, you should contact the Kia America, Inc. Consumer Affairs Department toll-free at 1-800-333-4Kia. Or you may write to: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Transportation and Air Quality Compliance Division, Light-Duty Vehicle Group Attn: Warranty Complaints 2000 Traver wood Drive Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Other Items Not Covered by This Warranty
In addition to the above provisions, this warranty does not cover the following:
- Damage resulting from such factors as accidents, acts of nature or events beyond the control of Kia.
- Any economic loss, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages (whether in contract or tort), including, but not limited to, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of the Kia Vehicle, cost of transporting the Kia Vehicle to an Authorized Kia Dealer or other repair establishment for repair or service, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and any other expenses or damages.
- Any repair of a Kia Vehicle on which the odometer mileage has been altered or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
(When replacing the speedometer, the “Speedometer Replacement Record” on the inside front cover must be filled in by an Authorized Kia Dealer or any repair establishment utilizing Certified Parts.)
This warranty is given in lieu of all other express or implied warranties (except those set forth separately in this manual) on the part of Kia America Inc. or the Authorized Kia Dealer selling the Kia Vehicle. No dealer, or any agent or employee thereof, or any other person, is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty.
This warranty is applicable to all the Kia Vehicles certified for the 50 states, including the State of California.
Federal Emission Control Warranty
Air Induction System
Air Cleaner Assembly
Surge Tank-Air Intake
Fuel Metering System
Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (ECT) Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF)
Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS)
Fuel Delivery Line
Throttle Body (ETC Actuator)
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Idle Speed Control System
Engine Control Module (ECM) * 8/80 All vehicles High Pressure Pump
High Pressure Sensor
Spark Plugs Cable Set
Camshaft Position Sensor (CMPS) Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS)
Valve Timing System
Oil Control Valve ASSY
Oil Temperature Sensor
Evaporative Control System
Vapor Storage Canister
Canister Close Valve (CCV)
Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV) Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump Module
Fuel Filler Cap
Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTP) ORVR(Vent) Valve
Positive Crankcase Ventilation System
PCV Valve and Hose
Catalyst and Exhaust System
Exhaust Manifold Catalytic Assembly * 8/80 All vehicles Exhaust Pipe (Manifold to Catalyst)
Catalytic Converter Assembly * 8/80 All vehicles
Miscellaneous Items Used In the Above Systems
Hose, Clamps, Gaskets or Seals
Wires, Harnesses Connectors
All Sensor(Switches, Solenoid Valves, Battery) associated with the ECM
Onboard Emission Diagnostic Device
Malfunction Indicator Light and Bulb * 8/80 All vehicles Data Link Connector * 8/80 All vehicles
Spark Plugs shall be warranted for the emissions warranty period, or the first scheduled replacement time or mileage, whichever occurs first.
NOTE 1: Specific emission parts covered up to 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, or up to the first required scheduled maintenance, whichever occurs first (See Owner’s Manual for required scheduled maintenance).
NOTE 2: Parts designated by “8/80” are warranted for 8 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
A: The 2023 Kia Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty is a warranty that covers the perforation of certain sheet metal components due to corrosion.
A: The Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty typically covers specific sheet metal components of the vehicle’s body that may perforate due to corrosion from the inside out.
A: The duration of the Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty varies, but it is often several years, typically ranging from 5 years to 10 years or more.
A: The Federal Emission Control Warranty is a federal requirement that ensures that emissions-related components of your vehicle are free from defects and perform within federal emissions standards.
A: The Federal Emission Control Warranty typically covers components like the catalytic converter, electronic emissions control units, and other emissions-related parts.
A: The Federal Emission Control Warranty usually lasts for 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first, for most emissions-related components. However, some components may have longer coverage.
A: Yes, the Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty is often transferable to subsequent owners, providing added value when selling the vehicle.
A: Manufacturers typically require that the vehicle receives regular maintenance and care to keep the Anti-Perforation Limited Warranty valid. It’s essential to follow the maintenance schedule outlined in the owner’s manual.
A: The Federal Emission Control Warranty is consistent across all Kia vehicles and applies to emissions-related components regardless of the model or engine type.
A: Yes, warranty-related repairs can typically be performed at any authorized Kia dealership or service center.
A: It’s a good practice to keep records of maintenance and repairs, as this documentation can be helpful when making warranty claims.
A: If you believe your vehicle has a warranty-covered issue, contact an authorized Kia dealership or service center for an inspection and potential repairs.
A: Some dealerships or manufacturers offer extended warranty options for additional coverage beyond the standard warranty period.
A: Warranties typically have specific terms, conditions, and exclusions outlined in the warranty documents. It’s essential to review these documents for a complete understanding of coverage.
A: In most cases, warranty repairs do not have a deductible, and the repairs are covered by the manufacturer. However, it’s essential to verify this with your dealership.
View Full User Guide: Kia 2023 Warranty and Consumer Information Guide
Download Manuals: https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/manuals.html
2023 KIA STONIC Specs, Price, Features and Mileage (Brochure)