Toyota 86 2022 Adjusting the steering wheel and mirrors User Guide
- Hold the steering wheel and push the lever down.
- Adjust to the ideal position by moving the steering wheel horizontally and vertically After adjustment, pull the lever up to secure the steering wheel.
- Caution while driving
Do not adjust the steering wheel while driving. Doing so may cause the driver to mishandle the vehicle and cause an accident, resulting in death or serious injury.
- After adjusting the steering wheel
Make sure that the steering wheel is securely locked. Otherwise, the steering wheel may move suddenly, possibly causing an accident, and resulting in death or serious injury. Also, the horn may not sound if the steering wheel is not securely locked.
To sound the horn, press on or close to the mark.
Inside rearview mirror
The rearview mirror’s position can be adjusted to enable sufficient confirmation of the rearview.
Adjusting the height of the rearview mirror
The height of the rearview mirror can be adjusted to suit your driving posture.
Adjust the height of the rearview mirror by moving it up and down.
Caution while driving
Do not adjust the position of the mirror while driving. Doing so may lead to mishandling of the vehicle and cause an accident, resulting in death or serious injury.
Reflected light from the headlights of vehicles behind can be reduced by operating the lever.
- Normal position
- Anti-glare position
Outside rearview mirrors
The rear view mirror’s position can be adjusted to enable sufficient confirmation of the rear view.
Important points while driving
Observe the following precautions while driving. Failure to do so may result in loss of control of the vehicle and cause an accident, resulting in death or serious injury.
- Do not adjust the mirrors while driving.
- Do not drive with the mirrors folded.
- Both the driver and passenger side mirrors must be extended and properly adjusted before driving.
- To select a mirror to adjust, turn the switch.
- To adjust the mirror, operate the switch.
Mirror angle can be adjusted when
- The engine switch is in ACC or ON.
When the mirrors are fogged up
- The outside rearview mirrors can be cleared using mirror defoggers. Turn on the rear window defogger to turn on the outside rearview mirror defoggers. (P.272)
When the mirror defoggers are operating Do not touch the rearview mirror surfaces, as they can become very hot and burn you.
Folding the mirrors
Push the mirror back in the direction of the vehicle’s rear.
Toyota 86 2022 Opening, closing the windows and moon roof User Guide
Opening and closing the power windows
The power windows can be opened and closed using the switches. Operating the switch moves the windows as follows:
- One-touch closing*
- One-touch opening*
To stop the window partway, operate the switch in the opposite direction.
- The power windows can be operated when
The engine switch is in ON.
- Operating the power windows after turning the engine off
The power windows can be operated for approximately 40 seconds after the engine switch is turned to ACC or OFF. They cannot, however, be operated once either front door is opened.
- Jam protection function
If an object becomes jammed between the window and the body while the window is closing, window movement is stopped and the win-dow is opened slightly.
- Catch protection function
If an object becomes caught between the door and window while the window is opening, window movement is stopped.
When the window cannot be opened or closed
When the jam protection function or catch protection function operates unusually and the door window cannot be opened or closed, perform the following operations with the power window switch of that door.
- Check that all of the doors are closed.
- Turn the engine switch to ON.
- Press and hold the power window switch in the one-touch opening position. After the window is fully opened, continue pressing the switch for approximately 1 second.
- Pull and hold the power window switch in the one-touch closing position. After the window is fully closed, continue pulling the switch for approximately 1 second.
If you push the power window switch to the opening position while the window is moving, start again from the beginning. If the window continues to close but then re-open slightly even after performing the above procedure correctly, have the vehicle inspected by your Toyota dealer. Power windows Opening and closing the power windows
Observe the following precautions. Failure to do so may result in death or serious injury.
Closing the windows
- The driver is responsible for all the power window operations,including the operation for the passengers. In order to prevent
accidental operation, especially by a child, do not let a child operate the power windows. It is possible for children and other passengers to have body parts caught in the power window. Also, when riding with a child, it is recommended to use the window lock switch. (P.130)
- Check to make sure that all passengers do not have any part of their body in a position where it could be caught when a window is being operated.
- When exiting the vehicle, turn the engine switch off, carry the key and exit the vehicle along with the child. There may be accidental operation, due to mischief, etc., that may possibly lead to an accident.
Jam protection function
- Never use any part of your body to intentionally activate the jam protection function.
- The jam protection function may not work if something gets jammed just before the window is fully closed. Be careful not to get any part of your body jammed in the window.
Catch protection function
- Never use any part of your body or clothing to intentionally activate the catch protection function.
- The catch protection function may not work if something gets caught just before the window is fully opened. Be careful not to get any part of your body or clothing caught in the window.
Preventing accidental operation (window lock switch)
Press the switch down to lock the passenger window glasses. Use this switch to prevent children from accidentally opening or closing a passenger window.
Totoya 86 Best Accessories to Buy
[amalinkspro_table id=”32446″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]