Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 Double Cylinder Mounted On A-Frame User Manual
Double Cylinder Mounted On A-Frame
When a second cylinder is installed, a tee check valve is used to replace the 90° elbow at the top of the regulator and another 1/4” inverted flare x 24” Type 1 pig-tail is added. The regulator stays in its original position. Place the second cylinder on the A-frame bracket so the cylinder valve is pointed to the roadside of the recreation vehicle.
- Secure the second cylinder to the A-frame using the bolts, nuts and washers provided.
- Attach the second 24” hose to the tee check valve on the regulator and the right-handed swivel nut to the cylinder valve.
Located in a recessed compartment or housing (if so equipped)
- Connect the 3/8” low-pressure hose to the outlet of the two-stage regulator.
- Place the cylinder on the bracket in the recess compartment or housing and secure them so the outlets of the cylinder valves are facing the “sidewalls” of the compartment or housing (opposite of each other).
- Mount th4. Attach the 1/4” inverted flare x 18” Type-1 pigtail hose regulator on the center back wall of the compartment or housing so the vent is pointed downward. to the regulator inlet and the right hand swivel nut to the cylinder valve.
- Attach the 1/4” inverted flare x 18” Type-1 pigtail hose to the regulator inlet and the right hand swivel nut to the cylinder valve.
Main Supply Hose – Low Pressure
Attach the main supply hose from the regulator to the brass manifold fitting in the frame of the trailer. The swivel brass nut on the main hose will be your final attachment. Each time the propane container is removed:
- Check that ALL fittings are tight.
- Check that ALL connections are tested with a propane leak detector (or soapy water) solution.
- Open the main valve slowly to avoid a fast rush of propane to the excess flow valve causing propane freeze up. If you experience a propane “freeze-up,” close the main valve and wait at least fifteen (15) minutes before trying again. Refer to the regulator manufacturer’s operator manual.
- Listen carefully – a “hissing” sound longer than one second may indicate a propane leak. If you feel there may be a leak present, close the valve and contact your dealer or qualified propane technician for repair assistance.
Replace all protective covers and caps on the propane system after filling. Make sure the valve is closed and the compartment door is securely latched.
There are two different water systems in your recreation vehicle:
- The freshwater system consists of the freshwater holding tank, faucets and connections, water pump, water heater, tub/shower. On some models, it may also include the water purification system or outside shower assembly (if so equipped).
- Depending on your model, the wastewater system consists of the wastewater and sewage holding tank(s), drains and toilet. Models with a cassette toilet will only have the wastewater system.
Plumbing System Maintenance
- Check all fittings, pressure and waste, for leaks before each trip or before vehicle storage as part of your normal maintenance:
- Inspect all faucets, the water purification system (if so equipped), and sink connections (including drain baskets or filters).
- Inspect connections at the water pump and water heater (if so equipped).
- At the end of every trip, you should drain any unused water from the freshwater system.
Typically, there are labels affixed to the exterior of the recreation vehicle sidewall that indicate the locations of the water system drains and fills. Be aware some drain valves may be located inside the vehicle (once the exterior label is found, go inside to find the drain corresponding location).
Refer to the manufacturer’s operating manual included in your warranty packet for the detailed operating, sanitizing, and winterizing information for each water system component.
When a second cylinder is installed, a tee check valve is used to replace the 90° elbow at the top of the regulator and another 1/4” inverted flare x 24” Type 1 pig-tail is added. The regulator stays in its original position. Place the second cylinder on the A-frame bracket so the cylinder valve is pointed to the roadside of the recreation vehicle. Attach the main supply hose from the regulator to the brass manifold fitting in the frame of the trailer. The swivel brass nut on the main hose will be your final attachment.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.jayco.com/manuals