Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 Frame User Manual
Sand, pebbles, objects on the highway, climate (salt air exposure) or ice-inhibiting chemicals used during the winter months will damage the paint, inviting rust and other deterioration. Periodically inspect the exterior exposed areas, clean and repaint the frame members occasionally, and whenever you notice rust or paint chipped away, to insure protection.
E-Z Lube or Super-Lube Axle (if so equipped)
The E-Z lube or Super-lube feature on your axles provides the ability for the bearings to be periodically lubricated without removing the hubs from the axle. This feature consists of axle spindles that have been specially drilled and fitted with grease zerks in their ends. When grease is pumped into the zerk, it is channeled to the inner bearing and then flows back to the outer bearing and eventually back out the grease cap hole. If you have further questions, consult with your dealer.
The convenient lubrication provisions of the E-Z lube or Super-lube feature must not replace periodic inspection and maintenance of the bearings. Use a hand-operated grease gun; improper use of a commercial grease gun may damage the seals.
Exterior Roof and Sidewall Vents
Inspect the roof vents, including sealants for cracks and keep them clean. Inspect the refrigerator and holding tank vents for blockages from bird nests, spider webs, leaves, etc. All exterior access doors and vents need to be kept clean and free of obstructions (i.e., insect nests, mud daubers, etc.) while the appliances are in use.
Any ventilating window may permit water inside, especially during heavy rainstorms. Condensation will also cause water to accumulate on windows and in the tracks.
The window glass can normally be cleaned with a sponge and water. Use glass cleaner to remove wax, oil, grease, dead insects, etc. After washing the glass, wipe it dry with a clean, soft cloth.
Exterior Ladder (if so equipped)
Your recreation vehicle may be equipped with an exterior roof ladder. The RV roof has decking under the rubber roof membrane to allow you to walk on the roof (with caution) to do maintenance.
- If your recreation vehicle is equipped with a roof ladder, do not leave items attached to it while traveling. DO NOT exceed the weight rating of the ladder. The ladder weight capacity label is located under the bottom step of the ladder. There should never be more than one person on the ladder at the same time.
- Self-Storing ladders: Make sure to pull all pins (there may be up to 4) to unlock the ladder. All pins must be re-inserted when locking the lad-der open for use.
LADDER CAPACITY MAXIMUM 300 lbs. (136 kg)
- DO NOT exceed the ladder maximum weight rating.
- The maximum rating includes the person’s weight PLUS weight of items carried.
- When climbing:
- Always face the ladder.
- Climb slowly with weight centered between side rails.
- Keep a 3 point contact on the ladder at all times (3 Point contact-two hands and a foot or two feet and one hand).
- Keep hands free.
- Use of accessories such as lanyards to keep carried items tethered will keep hands free and prevent falling items.
- Heavy or bulky items should be brought up only after reaching the roof.
- Do not use the ladder if damaged in any way.
Failure to follow these guidelines could result in death or serious injury.
Some models may be equipped with a self-storing ladder mounted to the side of the vehicle. Self-Storing Ladder operation
- Pull all the locking pins out of the ladder brackets (Fig. A).
- Pull the ladder down and toward you and it will swing away from the RV.
- When the brackets are extended (Fig. B), re-insert the pins to lock the ladder in place while in use.
- To return the ladder to the storage position; pull the locking pins and push the ladder up and in towards the RV.
- When the ladder is in the storage position, re-insert all locking pins to prevent the ladder from opening while traveling.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.jayco.com/manuals