Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 Second Trailer Hitching Procedure User Manual
Second Trailer Hitching Procedure
The following procedure will help to assist you in securely hooking up the second trailer to your RV.
- Make sure the second trailer wheels are blocked.
- Turn the tongue jack crank to raise the trailer tongue above the hitch ball.
- Open the coupler latch on the trailer hitch.
- Back the tow vehicle/ fifth wheel combination into the proper position.
- Turn the second trailer tongue jack crank to lower the coupler onto the hitch ball.
- Close the coupler latch after it is completely seated.
- Remove the dolly wheel or platform (if so equipped) and retract the tongue jack to its maximum height.
- Attach the breakaway cable to the hitch receiver on the RV fifth wheel.
- Attach the safety chains. See Safety Chains for additional information.
- Plug in the wire harness/connector.
- Walk around the RV and the second trailer making sure all exterior lights are working correctly.
- Remove the trailer wheel blocks.
Wire Harness/Connector Plug
A 4-way wire harness/connector plug is wired into your RV to connect electrical power from the RV to the second trailer for travel. This supplies power to the taillights, clearance lights, turn signals, brake lights, etc. The 4-way wire harness/connector is not wired for operating electric brakes. The connector plug may build up corrosion with extended use and should be cleaned peri-odically to insure good electrical contact. Make sure the connector plug is kept clean and protected from road elements as you travel.
Entrance Door Step(s)
Make sure your entrance step is fully extended before exiting the vehicle and retracted prior to towing.
Lubricating the step mechanism
Carefully clean the area around the pivot points (the rivets involved in the motion of the mechanism). Lubricate these pivot points with an automotive-grade, non-staining lubricant every 30 to 60 days.
Wipe any excess lubricant off of the step and then clean the entire step after lubricating.
Your RV may be equipped with a switch located on the skirt (in front of the steps) which operates a light located under the step assembly.
Stowable Entrance Door Step (if so equipped)
- Maximum Weight Capacity 500 lbs.
- Maintain hold of the steps until lowered all the way to the ground.
- Prior to use, legs must be adjusted properly to ensure the step is level.
- Ensure that both latches are engaged when the steps are stored.
- Do not try to lift the steps while the door is closed. This may cause damage to the steps and the door.
- Make sure people and pets are clear of the area when rotating the steps down to the ground or raising them for storage.
Failure to follow these guidelines could result in property damage or serious injury.
Your RV may be equipped with one (or two) sets of the Stowable Entrance Steps. With these steps, there is no accessible steps mounted on the exterior of the RV. They are a one piece solid (3 or 4 step) assembly that latches inside the doorway of the RV. The steps rotate down and out of the doorway and include two adjustable feet to provide stability while parked on rough terrain.
- Open the entrance/screen door all the way.
- Twist the locking handle to release the steps from the locked position on the door frame (A).
- Lower the step assembly to the ground (B).
- Adjust the feet to stabilize the steps (C).
- Remove pins (D) on each side of the step to ad-just the legs, then reinsert the pins to lock the legs.
When returning steps to the stored position, the adjustable feet may have to be retracted to fit inside the door opening.
- Fold the handrail at the door out of the way or remove the optional step handrail (if so equipped).
- Pull pins from adjustable legs (D), and retract the legs so they fit inside the doorway when steps are folded. Reinsert the pins to lock the legs.
- Lift the steps and rotate up into the doorway.
- Steps will automatically latch into brackets on each side of the door frame as they are lifted in place.
- Close the entrance/screen door
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.jayco.com/manuals