Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 Storing the Murphy Bed User Manual
Storing the Murphy Bed
- Attach the “Y” strap that holds the mattress to the bed frame. Pull the straps with the buckles up from the head of the bed and snap them to the “Y” strap. Secure the snap hook at the footboard. MAKE SURE THE SAFETY STRAPS AT EACH SIDE OF THE FOOTBOARD ARE STILL ATTACHED TO THE STEEL LOOPS ON THE SOFA ARMS BEFORE PUTTING ANY WEIGHT ON THE BED.
- Unhook the safety strap snap hooks from the steel loops on the arms of the sofa.
- Release the locking lever (if applicable) so the bed can be raised.
Keep hands and fingers away from the collapsing footboard and struts when pushing the bed back in to the storage position.
- Push the bed back up into the storage position.
- Secure the two “D” bolts on each side of the bed.
- Flip the sofa back up into the seated position:
- Firmly grasp the edge of the top cushion and the front edge of the seat cushion.
- Push the cushions down and towards each other so they form a “V” shape.
- While holding the cushions in this “V” shape, rotate the sofa back towards the wall and the cushions will revert to the seated position.
Additional storage has been provided under the bed. To access the storage area, grasp the ledge at the foot of the bed and lift carefully. The bed platform must be held when raised. It is recommended that two people retrieve stored items from under the bed so that one person may hold the platform, and the other can retrieve the stored items from under the bed. Lower the platform slowly to close it. DO NOT DROP THE PLATFORM.
- Before lifting, be sure there is nothing on the bed that will restrict its movement or add extra weight.
- Use caution when opening or closing the bed to keep hands and fingers at the end ledge provided (not on the side or farther back than necessary).
- Exercise extreme caution when opening the bed storage platform. Plat-form must be held open (unless equipped with a prop rod or gas struts) and slowly lowered until closed.
- The bedroom electric slide room system may be located under the bed. Use care not to obstruct the slide room system when using the under-bed storage.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines can result in serious injury or property damage.
Some models may be equipped with a prop rod or gas struts to assist with easy access to under-bed storage.
Prop Rod (if so equipped)
If your model is equipped with a prop rod:
- With the help of a second person, raise the bed platform.
- Release the prop rod from its holder.
- Put the end of the rod in the bracket under the bed platform.
- To lower the platform, release the prop rod from the bracket under the bed platform, re-attach the prop rod to the holder on the bed base,
- Lower the platform slowly until closed.
Gas Struts (if so equipped)
On certain models, the bed platform may be equipped with gas struts to assist with easy access to the storage area.
- Grasp the ledge at the foot of the bed and lift carefully.
- Two gas struts will hold the bed platform open allowing access to the storage area.
- To close, carefully push down on the bed, slowly easing it to the closed position.
Loft Sleeping Area (if so equipped)
Your RV may be equipped with a loft sleeping area. Access to the loft sleeping area is through the use of a (wood or steel) ladder. The steel ladder is equipped with hooks that fit over the sideboard of the loft bed. Typically the wood ladder is attached to a closet door (or wall) and pivots out for use (A & B). Be sure the door is closed and latched, and the ladder is securely in place before climbing up to the loft area. When storing the ladder, make sure to buckle the security strap which keeps the ladder in place in it.
- Exercise extreme care when climbing up or down the ladder used for entering or exiting the loft bed.
- The closet door MUST be securely closed and latched before using the ladder.
- Make sure the ladder is securely in place prior to climbing to or from the loft.
- Never allow more than one person on the ladder at a time.
- Make sure the wood ladder attached to the door (if so equipped) is locked back into position on the door when not in use to prevent a trip hazard.
- Security straps must be buckled across the ladder when in the stored position.
- Do not leave small children unattended in the loft area.
- The maximum weight rating for either ladder type is: 300 lbs (136 kg)
- Weight ratings for loft sleeping areas may vary by RV type and model:
- Refer to the maximum weight rating label located at the loft sleeping location.
- Never allow anyone to ride in or occupy the bed while the recreational vehicle is in motion.
- Do not use the loft sleeping area for storage while the vehicle is in transit. Loose items may become projectiles.
- Failure to follow these instructions can result in serious bodily injury.
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Jayco Eagle Fifth Wheels 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.jayco.com/manuals