Honda HR-V Hybrid 2022 Emissions Testing User Manual
Testing of Readiness Codes
Your vehicle has a readiness code as part of the onboard self-diagnostic system. Some states use these codes for testing to verify whether your vehicle’s emissions components are working properly. The codes may not be read properly if testing is performed just after the battery has gone dead or been disconnected.
To check if they are set, turn the ignition switch to ON (w*1, without starting the engine. The malfunctioning indicator lamp will come on for several seconds. If it then goes off, the readiness codes are set. If it blinks five times, the readiness codes are not set. If you are required to have your vehicle tested before the readiness codes are ready,
prepare the vehicle for retesting by doing the following:
- Fill the gas tank to approximately 3/4 full.
- Park the vehicle and leave the engine off for 6 hours or more.
- Make sure the ambient temperature is between 40°F and 95°F (4°C and 35°C).
- Start the engine without touching the accelerator pedal, and let it idle for 20 seconds.
- Keep the vehicle in (P. Increase the engine speed to 2,000 rpm, and hold it there for about three minutes.
- Let the engine idle with your foot off the accelerator for 20 seconds.
The readiness codes are erased when the battery is disconnected and set again only after several days of driving under a variety of conditions.
If a testing facility determines that the readiness codes are not set, you may be requested to return at a later date to complete the test.
If the testing facility determines the readiness codes are still not set, see a dealer.
- Select a nearby, lightly traveled major highway where you can maintain a speed of 50 to 60 mph (80 to 97 km/h) for at least 20 minutes. Drive on the highway in (D. Do not use cruise control. When traffic allows, drive for 90 seconds without moving the accelerator pedal. (Vehicle speed may vary slightly; this is okay.) If you cannot do this for a continuous 90 seconds because of traffic conditions, drive for at least 30 seconds, then repeat it two more times (for a total of 90 seconds).
- Drive in the city or suburban traffic for at least 10 minutes. When traffic conditions allow, let the vehicle coast for several seconds without using the accelerator pedal or the brake pedal.
- Park the vehicle and leave the engine off for 30 minutes.
Your new vehicle is covered by these warranties:
New Vehicle Limited Warranty
covers your new vehicle, except for the emissions control systems and accessories, against defects in materials and workmanship.
Emissions Control Systems Defects Warranty and Emissions Performance Warranty – these two warranties cover your vehicle’s emissions control systems. Time, mileage, and coverage are conditional. Please read your warranty booklet for exact information.
Seat Belt Limited Warranty
A seat belt that fails to function properly is covered by a limited warranty. Please read your warranty booklet for details.
Rust Perforation Limited Warranty
All exterior body panels are covered against rusting from the inside out for the specified time period, regardless of mileage.
Accessory Limited Warranty
Honda accessories are covered under this warranty. Time and mileage limits depend on the type of accessory and other factors. Please read your warranty booklet for details. Replacement Parts Limited Warranty – covers all Honda replacement parts against defects in materials and workmanship.
Replacement Battery Limited Warranty
Provides prorated coverage for a replacement battery purchased from your dealer.
Replacement Muffler Lifetime Limited Warranty
provides coverage for as long as the purchaser of the muffler owns the vehicle.
Restrictions and exclusions apply to all these warranties. Please read the Honda warranty information booklet that came with your vehicle for precise information on warranty coverages. Your vehicle’s original tires are covered by their manufacturer. Tire warranty information is in a separate booklet.
Statement on Warranty Coverage for Aftermarket and Recycled Parts The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, 15 U.S.C. s.2301 et seq., makes it illegal for motor vehicle manufacturers to void a motor vehicle warranty or deny warranty coverage solely because an aftermarket or recycled part has been used to repair the vehicle or someone other than the authorized service provider performed service on the vehicle. This provision does not apply to a new motor vehicle purchased solely for commercial or industrial use.
Under federal law, a manufacturer may deny warranty coverage and charge for repairs to a vehicle if it is discovered that an aftermarket or recycled part installed on the vehicle is defective or was installed incorrectly and caused damage to another part of the vehicle otherwise covered under warranty.
The Federal Trade Commission requires that a manufacturer demonstrate that an aftermarket or recycled part or service performed by a person other than an authorized service provider caused damage to another part of the vehicle otherwise covered under warranty before denying warranty coverage.
Additionally, federal law allows a manufacturer to void a motor vehicle warranty or deny warranty coverage if the manufacturer provides the article or service to consumers free of charge under the warranty or the manufacturer has secured a waiver from the Federal Trade Commission.
For electronic copies of service publications, you can purchase a subscription to Service Express. Visit www.techinfo.honda.com for pricing and options.
For U.S. Owners
Manuals can be purchased from Helm Incorporated. You can order a manual by phone at 1 (800) 782-4356 (credit card orders only), or online at www.helminc.com.
For Canadian Owners
Please contact a dealer to order any manuals that you may require.
Customer Service Information
Honda dealership personnel are trained professionals who should be able to deal with any problems you may encounter with your vehicle. If, however, you are faced with a problem that they cannot resolve to your satisfaction, contact Honda Customer Services.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Honda Automobile Customer Service Mail Stop CHI-5
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746
Tel: 1 (800) 999-1009
In Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
P.O. Box 190816
San Juan, PR 00919-0816
Tel: 1 (787) 620-7546
Honda Canada Inc. Customer Relations 180 Honda Boulevard Markham, ON
Tel: 1-888-9-HONDA-9 Fax: 1-877-939-0909
When you call or write, please give us the following information:
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Date of purchase
- Odometer reading of your vehicle
- Your name, address, and telephone number
- A detailed description of the problem
- Name of the dealer who sold the vehicle to you
Disclaimer of Pandora®* Requirements to access Pandora®
- The latest version of the Pandora app is installed on your Android, Blackberry, or iPhone.
- Registered Pandora account (you can create a free account at www.pandora.com <http://
www.pandora.com/> or on your smartphone)
- Connection to the internet via WiFi or cellular data network.
- Android devices must be connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth, and iPhone devices may be connected via Bluetooth or USB.
- Access to Pandora requires an active internet connection
- The ability to access Pandora through this system is subject to change without notice
- Certain functionality of Pandora service is not available when accessing the service through this system including, but not limited to, creating new stations, deleting stations, emailing current stations, buying songs, viewing additional text information, logging in to Pandora, and adjusting Cell Network Audio Quality. Pandora internet radio is a music service not affiliated with HONDA. More information is available at http://www.pandora.com <http://
www.pandora.com/>. Pandora, the Pandora logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc., used with permission.
- Mobile access requires a smartphone with an active data plan. Standard data rates may apply.
- Pandora is only available in the United States.
View Full User Guide: Honda HR-V Hybrid 2022 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals
Honda 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]