Aston Martin DB11 2021Vehicle Warranties and What is Not Covered User Guide
Aston Martin gives a Warranty for each new Aston Martin vehicle and each replacement vehicle or assembly manufactured or supplied by the Company to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the applicable Warranty period. The warranties provided herein are for the benefit of the original purchaser and any subsequent owner during the relevant Warranty Period (defined below) in the Serviced Countries (defined below). An Aston Martin vehicle is built and homologated to support the Region for which it is manufactured and is compliant with the local regulatory requirements of that Region. As a result, the warranties cover Aston Martin vehicles that are built for and supplied to the Region.
For the purposes of this Owner’s Guide, Region means one of the following territories:
- The Americas, including the United States, Canada, and South America; or
- The United Kingdom, Europe, Russia and South Africa; or
- The Middle East, North Africa and India; or
- Asia Pacific, including China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
‘Serviced Countries’ means either:
(a) any country in the Region from which your Aston Martin vehicle was purchased, where there is an Aston Martin authorized dealer or repairer; or (b) any country agreed in writing with Aston Martin. Tires are covered separately by the tyre manufacturer. Dealers are expected to offer assistance to the customer in pursuing a claim against the tyre manufacturer.
Exchange Parts Under Warranty
New parts will only be used for repairs at PDI and during the first three months or 5000 km/3000 miles (which ever occurs first) from the date the vehicle is handed over to the first retail customer. Thereafter exchange parts must be used where available under Aston Martin’s exchange plan.
Anti Perforation Corrosion Protection Warranty
The vehicles bodywork is protected by an Anti Perforation Corrosion Warranty. Should any part of the bodywork of the Aston Martin vehicle be perforated, the panel(s) affected by the perforation will be repaired or replaced. The term ‘perforation’ means a hole that penetrates through a body panel from the inside.
The period of cover for all types of warranty commences on the day the vehicle is handed over to the first registered keeper of the car (first registered keeper shall mean the Dealer in the context of demonstration vehicles). The Vehicle Warranty period of cover is three years with unlimited mileage. The Anti-Perforation Corrosion Warranty period of cover is ten years with unlimited mileage.
Who May Repair the Vehicle
Franchise Holders or Approved Repairers, who are appointed and receive full technical support from Aston Martin, provide facilities for the servicing and repair of Aston Martin motorcars. Only such Franchise Holders or Approved Repairs will under the terms of this warranty, repair replace or readjust, free of charge to the owner, any part or assemble proved to Aston Martin’s satisfaction to show a defect in materials or workmanship within the applicable period.
Wear and Tear Items
Items that are subject to wear and tear are generally divided into two categories, namely those specified for replacement or adjustment during scheduled maintenance and those that require replacement or adjustment dependent upon conditions of use.
Scheduled Maintenance Items
The items listed below are covered by the Vehicle Warranty up to the first scheduled change point that replacement or adjustment is required during scheduled maintenance operations. The customer literature supplied with the new Vehicle includes a service book setting out such scheduled maintenance operations.
- Drive belts
- Spark plugs
- Oil, air, pollen and fuel filters.
- The period of warranty cover for any item may not exceed the time and distance limitation of the vehicle warranty.
Wear and Tear Items
The items listed below are recognized as having a limited service life or are subject to wear or damage. However, these items are covered by the vehicle warranty for up to one year or the first service, whichever occurs first.
- Wiper blades.
- Wheel alignment and balancing.
- Adjustments, including but not limited to: headlamp and hinged panel adjustments, suspension tightening, steering geometry adjustments, emission and fuel systems checks.
- Vehicle key batteries. Brake pads, brake discs and other friction related components are not covered when replacement is due to wear and tear, but they are covered against manufacturing defects (whether in material or workmanship) for the duration of the Vehicle Warranty.
Replacement or top up of consumable fluids, e.g. oils, antifreeze, brake fluid, windscreen wash solution and refrigerant, will only be covered when they are used as part of a warranty repair.
What is Not Covered
Aston Martin is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result of:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Friction-related components, e.g. brake pads and brake discs.
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle in accordance with Aston Martin’s maintenance schedules and service instructions.
- Failure to use Aston Martin specified parts or fluids during a warranty repair (or parts of equivalent quality during a retail repair).
- Damage resulting from neglect, accident, flooding or improper use.
- Any modification of the vehicle or parts which is not authorized by Aston Martin, including any engine performance enhancement modifications.
- Refilling or topping up with incorrect fuel, e.g. diesel instead of petrol.
- Use of bioethanol alternative fuels.
- Use of a fuel not approved or recommended by Aston Martin in the Owner’s Guide is considered misfuelling, and that any damage resulting from misfuelling is not covered by the vehicle warranty.
- Defects caused as a result of the vehicle being used in motorsport or track events or for any other purpose other than normal private or commercial use.
- Any vehicle that has had its vehicle identification number altered or removed, or on which the odometer reading has been unlawfully altered.
Paint Surface and Corrosion Protection
Aston Martin is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result of the following:
- Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Aston Martin instructions.
- Factors beyond Aston Martin’s control, such as environmental hazards (including industrial fallout, storm damage, acid rain) and damage (including stone chips, scratches and use of unsuitable cleaning agents).
- Accident repairs using materials or methods of repair that have not been approved by Aston Martin.
- Alterations of the vehicle from Aston Martin’s original specification.
- Failure to rectify on a timely basis any paint or corrosion damage as recorded in the vehicle documentation by a dealer at the time of the annual inspection.
The Aston Martin warranty excludes liability for any lost time, inconvenience, loss of transportation, or any other incidental or consequential damage you (or anyone else) may incur as a result of a defect covered by this warranty.
Genesis 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32446″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Aston Martin DB11 2021 User Guide
Download Manuals: https://www.astonmartin.com/en/owners/owners-guides