The 2023 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan perfectly blends luxury and contemporary connectivity with an innovative phone system. This system is made to sync with cell phones easily, and it works with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for complete compatibility. Through the vehicle’s user-friendly infotainment system, users may enjoy hands-free calling and easy access to their contacts, all while maintaining safety and convenience while driving. Superior voice control and a top-notch audio system make the telephone feature even more effective at facilitating clear conversation. Furthermore, the wireless charging pads that come with the E-Class add to its overall technological sophistication and convenience by ensuring that gadgets stay charged. This makes keeping connected while on the go simple and stylish.
2023 Mercedes Benz E-Class Specs, Price, Features, Mileage (Brochure)
Risk of distraction from operating integrated communication equipment while the vehicle is in motion. If you operate communication equipment integrated in the vehicle when driving, you could be distracted from the traffic situation.
This could also cause you to lose control of the vehicle.
- Only operate this equipment when the traffic situation permits.
- If you cannot be sure of this, stop the vehicle whilst paying attention to road and traffic conditions and operate the equipment with the vehicle stationary.
Risk of accident from operating mobile communication equipment while the vehicle is in motion. Mobile communication devices distract the driver from the traffic situation. This can also cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
- As a driver, only operate mobile communication devices when the vehicle is stationary.
- As a vehicle occupant, use mobile communication devices only in the designated area, e.g. in the rear passenger compartment.
You must observe the legal requirements for the country in which you are currently driving when operating mobile communication equipment in the vehicle.
Risk of injury due to objects being stowed incorrectly. If objects in the vehicle interior are stowed incorrectly, they can slide or be thrown around and hit vehicle occupants. In addition, cup holders, open stowage spaces, and mobile phone receptacles cannot always retain all objects within. There is a risk of injury, particularly in the event of sudden braking or a sudden change in direction.
- Always stow objects so that they cannot be thrown around in such situations.
- Always make sure that objects do not protrude from stowage spaces, parcel nets or stowage nets.
- Close the lockable stowage spaces before starting a journey.
- Always stow and secure heavy, hard, pointed, sharp-edged, fragile or bulky objects in the trunk/cargo compartment.
Observe the additional information on stowing mobile communications devices correctly:
- Loading the vehicle Bluetooth® connection:
The menu view and the available functions in the telephone menu are in part dependent on the Bluetooth® profile of the connected mobile phone.
Full functionality is only available if the mobile phone supports both of the following Blue-tooth® profiles:
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- The contacts on the mobile phone are shown automatically on the multimedia system.
- MAP (Message Access Profile)
- The mobile phone message functions can be used on the multimedia system.
- Irrespective of this, Bluetooth Â® audio functionality can be used with any mobile radio unit.
- For information on the range of functions of the mobile radio unit to be connected, see the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
The following cases can lead to the call being dis-connected while the vehicle is in motion:
- You switch to a transmission/reception station, in which no communication channel is free.
- The SIM card used is not compatible with the network available
- A mobile phone with a “Twin card” is logged into the network with the second SIM card at the same time
The multimedia system supports calls in HD Voice® for improved speech quality. A requirement for this is that the mobile phone and the mobile phone network provider of the person you are calling support HD Voice®. Depending on the quality of the connection, the voice quality may fluctuate.
Telephone menu overview
- Bluetooth® device name of the currently connected mobile phone/of the mobile phone
- Bluetooth® device name of the currently connected mobile phone/of the mobile phone (two phone mode)
- Battery status of the connected mobile phone
- The signal strength of the mobile phone network
- Device manager
- Numerical pad 9 Contact search
Telephony operating modes overview
Depending on your equipment, the following telephony operating modes are available:
- A mobile phone is connected to the multimedia system via Bluetooth®.
- Two mobile phones are connected to the multimedia system via Bluetooth® (two-phone mode).
- You can use all the functions of the multi-media system with the mobile phone in the foreground.
- You can receive incoming calls and messages with the mobile phone in the background.
- You can interchange the mobile phone in the foreground and background.
Connecting a mobile phone
- Bluetooth® is activated on the mobile phone (see the manufacturer’s operating instructions).
- Bluetooth® is activated on the multimedia system.
4Â© 5 Phone Searching for a mobile phone
- Select Ã.
- Select Connect New Device.
Connecting a mobile phone
The authorization follows using secure simple pairing.
A code is displayed in the multimedia system and on the mobile phone.
- If both codes match, confirm the code on the mobile phone.
- Functions in the telephony menu
In the telephony menu you have the following functions, for example:
- Making calls, e.g.
- Accept a call
- End Call
- Create Confer. Call
- Accept or reject a waiting call
- Managing contacts, e.g.:
- Downloading mobile phone contacts
- Managing the format of a contact’s name
- Saving a contact as a favourite
- Receiving and sending messages, e.g.:
- Using the read-aloud function
- Dictating a new message
Mercedes me app
Making a call via the overhead control panel
- me button for service or information calls
- SOS button cover
- SOS button (emergency call system)
Making a Mercedes me call
- Press me button 1.
Making an emergency call
- To open the cover of SOS button 2 , press it briefly.
- Press and hold SOS button 3 for at least one second.
If a Mercedes me call is active, an emergency call can still be triggered. This has priority over all other active calls.
Information about the Mercedes I call
A call to the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center has been initiated via the me button in the overhead control panel or the multimedia system.
Using the voice dialog system you access the desired service:
- Accident and Breakdown Management
- Mercedes-Benz Customer Center for general information about the vehicle
You can find information on the following topics:
- Activation of Mercedes me connect
- Operating the vehicle
- Nearest authorized Mercedes-Benz Center
- Other products and services from Mercedes-Benz
Data is transferred during the connection to the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center.
Calling the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center using the multimedia system
- Access to a mobile phone network is available.
- The contract partner’s mobile network coverage is available in the respective region.
- R The vehicle must be switched on so that vehicle data can be transferred automatically.
4Â© 5 Phone 5 g
- Call Mercedes me connect.
After confirmation, the multimedia system sends the required vehicle data. The data transfer is shown in the media display.
Then you can select a service and be connected to a specialist at the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center.
Calling the Mercedes-Benz customer centre after an automatic accident or breakdown detection
- The vehicle has detected an accident or breakdown situation.
- The vehicle is stationary.
- The hazard warning lights are switched on.
- This function is not available in all countries.
The vehicle can detect accident or breakdown situations under certain circumstances.
Requirements for collision detection in the context of accident management:
- The vehicle is equipped with an anti-theft alarm system (ATA) (code 551).
- The vehicle is equipped with interior protection (code 882).
- The vehicle is equipped with the Anti-Theft Protection Package (code P54).
- The collision detection service with theft notification has been activated on Mercedes me connect.
If a collision is detected when the tow-away alarm is armed on a locked vehicle, you will receive a notification in the multimedia system when you switch the vehicle on. Find out at an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center if this function is available in your country. In the event an accident or breakdown is detected, the emergency guide shows safety notes in the multimedia system display. This may take a few seconds. The availability of collision detection depends on the vehicle. In the event an accident or breakdown is detected, the emergency guide shows safety notes in the multimedia system display. After quitting the emergency guide display on the multimedia system, a prompt appears asking whether you would like to get support from the Mercedes-Benz customer centre.
- Select Call.
- The vehicle data is sent automatically.
- The Mercedes-Benz customer centre takes your call and organizes the breakdown and accident assistance.
You may be charged for these services. Depending on the severity of the accident, an automatic emergency call can be initiated. This has priority over all other active calls. In addition, if the Mercedes I connect to service “Tele diagnostics” is active, a similar prompt can appear after a delay in the event of a breakdown. If you are already in contact with the Mercedes-Benz customer centre or have already received support, this prompt can be ignored or declined. If you answer the prompt for support from the Mercedes-Benz customer centre with Later, the message will be hidden and appear again later. The prompt triggered by the Mercedes me connect to service “Tele diagnostics”, can either be confirmed or declined. After being declined, this will not be shown again.
Arranging a service appointment via a Mercedes me call
If you have activated the maintenance management service, relevant vehicle data is transferred automatically to the Mercedes-Benz customer centre. You will then receive individual recommendations regarding the maintenance of your vehicle. Regardless of whether you have consented to the maintenance management service, the multimedia system reminds you after a certain amount of time that a service is due. A prompt appears asking if you would like to make an appointment.
- To arrange a service appointment: select Call. After your agreement, the vehicle data is transferred and the Mercedes-Benz customer centre takes your preferred appointment date. The information is then sent to your desired service outlet. This will contact you to confirm the appointment and if necessary consult about the details.% If you select Later after the service message appears, the message is hidden and reappears at a later time.
Data transferred during a Mercedes me call
When you make a service call via Mercedes Me, data is transmitted. This enables targeted advice and smooth service.
The following requirements must be fulfilled for the transfer of the data:
- The vehicle is switched on.
- The required data transfer technology is supported by the mobile phone network provider. R The quality of the mobile connection is sufficient.
Multi-stage transfer depends on the following factors:
- Reason for the initiation of the call
- The available mobile phone transmission technology
- R The activated Mercedes me Connect services
- The service selected in the voice control system
- The scope of the transmitted data depends on the vehicle model and equipment. For technical reasons, not all data is available at all times.
Data transfer if Mercedes I Connect services are not activated
If no Mercedes I Connect services are activated, the following data is transferred:
- Vehicle identification number
- Time of the call
- Reason for the initiation of the call
- Country indicator of the vehicle
- Set the language for the multimedia system
- Telephone number of the communication platform installed in the vehicle
If a call is made for a service appointment via the service reminder, the following data is also transmitted:
- Current mileage and maintenance data
If a call is made after an automatic accident or break-down detection using the multimedia system, the following data is also transmitted:
- Current mileage and maintenance data
- Current vehicle location
If Accident and Breakdown Management is called via the voice control system, the following data can also be called up from the vehicle by the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center:
Data transfer if Mercedes I Connect services are activated
The data transmitted within the scope of the call is deleted from the processing system after the call is finished, in so far as this data is not being used for other activated Mercedes I connect services. The incident-specific data is processed and stored in the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center and, if required to process the incident, forwarded to the service partner authorized by the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center.
- The recorded message is not available in every country.
Mercedes me connect
Mercedes Me Connect consists of multiple services. You can use the following services via the multi-media system and the overhead control panel, for example:
- Accident and Breakdown Management (me button or situation-dependent display in the multimedia system)
- Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call System (automatic emergency call and SOS button)
- The Mercedes Connect Accident and Break-down Management and the Mercedes-Benz emergency call centres are available to you around the clock.
- The me button and the SOS button can be found on the vehicle’s overhead control panel.
- You can also call the Mercedes-Benz customer centre using the multimedia system.
Please note that Mercedes I Connect is a Mercedes-Benz service. In emergencies, first call the national emergency services using the standard national emergency service telephone numbers. In emergencies, you can also use the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system. Observe the conditions of use for Mercedes I connect and other services. These can be obtained in the Mercedes me Portal:
Further information about Mercedes me Connect services can be obtained in the Mercedes me Portal.
Information on Mercedes me connect Accident and Breakdown Management
Accident and Breakdown Management is not available in every country. Contact an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center to find out whether this function is available in your country.
Accident and Breakdown Management can include the following functions:
- Supplement to the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system.
- If necessary, the contact person at the Mercedes-Benz emergency call center forwards the call to Mercedes me connect Accident and Breakdown Management.
- Forwarding the call is however not possible in all countries.
- Breakdown assistance by a technician on location and/or the towing away of the vehicle to the nearest authorized Mercedes-Benz Center
- You may be charged for these services.
- R Addition to the emergency guide after an automatic accident or breakdown detection.
- In the event of a breakdown or accident, further vehicle data is sent which enables optimal support by the Mercedes-Benz customer centre and the authorized service partner or breakdown assistance.
- In addition to the Mercedes me Connect service Tele diagnostics
With the Tele diagnostics function, specific wear and failure reports are recorded by the service provider, in so far as these can be interpreted and are available through the monitoring of components that are subject to diagnostics. If your vehicle detects a breakdown or threat of a breakdown, you may be prompted via the multimedia system to contact the Mercedes-Benz customer centre for further help. This prompt in the multimedia system only appears when the vehicle is stationary. These services are subject to technical restrictions such as mobile phone coverage, mobile network quality and the ability of the processing systems to interpret the transferred data. In some circumstances, this can result in delays or the failure of the information to appear in the multimedia system. Please note that the service and breakdown call is a Mercedes-Benz service. In emergencies, be sure to contact the usual national emergency number first or use the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system. More information about Mercedes me Connect services can be obtained in the Mercedes me Portal.
Data transferred during Mercedes me connect call services
The data transferred during a Mercedes me Connect call depends on:
- The reason for initiation of the call
- The service that is selected in the voice control system
- The activated Mercedes me connect services
Overview of the Mercedes Me & Apps menu
When you log in with a user account to the Mercedes Me Portal, services and offers from Mercedes-Benz will be available to you. For more information consult an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center or visit the Mercedes me Portal. Make sure you always keep the Mercedes me Apps updated. You can call up the menu using Mercedes Me & Apps in the multimedia system.
In the Mercedes Me & Apps menu, the following options are available:
- Connecting the vehicle with the Mercedes Me user account
- Deleting a connection between a user account Mercedes Me and the vehicle
- Calling up the Mercedes Me services
- Calling up apps such as In-Car Office or the web browser depending on availability
Web browser overview
The web browser is started using the Mercedes Me & Apps menu.
- URL entry
- Web page, back
- Web page, forwards
- To refresh/stop
Websites cannot be shown while the vehicle is in motion.
Overview of Smartphone Integration
With Smartphone Integration, you can use certain functions on your mobile phone via the system display. Only one mobile phone at a time can be connected via Smartphone Integration to the multimedia system. Also for use with two phone modes with Smartphone Integration, only one additional mobile phone can be connected via BluetoothÂ® to the multimedia system. The full range of functions for Smartphone Integration is only possible with an internet connection. The appropriate application must be downloaded on the mobile phone to use Smartphone Integration. The mobile phone must be switched on and connected to a USB port with the Ã§ symbol on the multimedia system using a suitable cable.
Apps for Smartphone Integration
- Apple CarPlay® Android Auto
- For safety reasons, the first activation of Smartphone Integration on the multimedia system must be carried out when the vehicle is stationary and the parking brake is applied.
You can start Apple CarPlayÂ® or Android Auto from the device manager. Mercedes-Benz recommends disconnecting the connecting cable only when the vehicle is stationary.
Overview of transferred vehicle data
When using Smartphone Integration, certain vehicle data is transferred to the mobile phone. This enables you to get the best out of selected mobile phone services. Vehicle data is not directly accessible.
The following system information is transmitted:
- The software release of the multimedia system
- System ID (anonymized)
The transfer of this data is used to optimize communication between the vehicle and the mobile phone. To do this, and to assign several vehicles to the mobile phone, a vehicle identifier is randomly generated. This has no connection to the vehicle identification number (VIN) and is deleted when the multi-media system is reset.
The following driving status data is transmitted:
- Transmission position engaged
- The distinction between parked, standstill, rolling and driving
- Day/night mode of the instrument display
- Drive Type
The transfer of this data is used to alter how content is displayed to correspond to the driving situation.
The following position data is transmitted:
- Compass direction
- Acceleration direction
This data is used by the mobile phone to improve the accuracy of the navigation (e.g. for continuation in a tunnel).
Does the 2023 E-Class Sedan support Bluetooth connectivity for telephones?
Yes, it offers Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free calling and audio streaming.
Can the telephone system integrate with smartphones?
Absolutely, it supports smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Is voice command available for making and receiving calls?
Yes, the system allows for voice-command operations for hands-free calling.
Can the driver access the phone’s contact list through the car’s system?
Yes, the driver can access and navigate their phone’s contact list through the car’s interface.
Is there a feature for reading text messages aloud?
The system is capable of reading text messages aloud for safer driving.
Does the E-Class Sedan have a dedicated phone app for additional functionalities?
Mercedes-Benz offers a dedicated app that can enhance the functionality and integration of the phone system.
Can multiple phones be connected to the system simultaneously?
The system typically allows for multiple devices to be paired, though active use may be limited to one device at a time.
Is wireless charging available for smartphones?
Yes, the E-Class includes a wireless charging pad for compatible smartphones.
How does the car display incoming calls?
Incoming calls are displayed on the central infotainment screen, often with caller ID information.
Can the telephone system access voice assistants like Siri or Google Assistant?
Yes, when paired with a compatible smartphone, it can access voice assistants.
Are there any privacy features for telephone calls?
The system includes privacy options, allowing calls to be transferred from the speaker system to the handset.
How is the call quality in the 2023 E-Class Sedan?
The E-Class Sedan is designed to offer superior call quality with noise reduction features.
Is it possible to control the telephone system from the steering wheel?
Yes, there are controls on the steering wheel for managing calls and voice commands.
Does the telephone system update with software updates for the car?
The system is capable of receiving updates, often as part of broader vehicle software updates.
Can the telephone system play music from a connected phone?
Yes, it can stream music from a connected smartphone via Bluetooth or USB connection.
View Full User Guide: Mercedes-Benz E-CLASS SEDAN 2023 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals
2023 Mercedes Benz E-Class Specs, Price, Features, Mileage (Brochure)