Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 To Switch ACC to Cruise Control User Manual
To Switch ACC with Low Speed Follow to Cruise Control
Press and hold the Interval button for one second. Cruise mode selected appears on the driver information interface for two seconds, and then the mode switches to Cruise. The indicator comes on.
- Green: The system is on.
- White: The system is standby.
- To switch back to ACC with Low Speed Follow, press and hold the Interval button again for one second.
When to use
Desired speed in a range above roughly 25 mph (40 km/h).
Always be aware which mode you are in. When you are driving in Cruise mode, the system will not assist you to maintain a following interval from a vehicle ahead of you.
You cannot switch ACC with Low-Speed Follow to Cruise Control in the following situations:
- When the vehicle speed is set.
- When ACC with Low-Speed Follow is not activated.
You can switch the displayed set speed measurements on the driver information interface or audio/information screen* between mph and km/h.
To Set the Vehicle Speed
Take your foot off the pedal and press the RES/+/SET/− switch up or down when you reach the desired speed. The moment you release the RES/+/SET/− switch, the set speed is fixed, and cruise control begins. The color of the indicator changes from white to green. When you use cruise control, Straight Driving Assist (a feature of the Electric Power Steering system) is activated. By enabling the steering system to automatically compensate for natural steering pull, Straight Driving Assist makes it easier for you to keep your vehicle in a straight line. Not available on all models.
To Adjust the Vehicle’s Speed
- Each time you press the RES/+/SET/to switch up or down, the vehicle speed is increased or decreased by about 1 mph or 1 km/h accordingly.
- If you keep the RES/+/SET/ switch pressed up or down, the vehicle speed increases or decreases by about 5 mph or 5 km/h accordingly.
To cancel cruise control, do any of the following:
- Press the CANCEL button. The indicator (green) on the gauge changes to the indicator (white).
- Press the button. The indicator (green) goes off.
- Depress the brake pedal. The indicator (green) on the gauge changes to the indicator (white).
Resuming the prior set speed: After you have canceled cruise control, you can activate the cruise control with the prior set speed displayed on the gauge (in gray) by pressing the RES/+/SET/− switch up while driving at a speed of at least 25 mph (40 km/h) or more. When you turn the cruise control off by pressing the CANCEL button or depressing the brake pedal, the prior set speed is displayed on the gauge in gray. When pressing the RES/+/SET/switch up, the cruise control is activated with the displayed speed. If the indicator (white) is displayed and you press the RES/+/SET/to switch up, but no prior set speed (in gray) is displayed, the speed will be set to your vehicle’s current speed.
You cannot set or resume in the following situations:
- When the vehicle speed is less than 25 mph (40 km/h)
- When cruise control is canceled by pressing the button.
At vehicle speeds of 22 mph (35 km/h) or less, cruise control is canceled automatically.
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
Provides steering input to help keep the vehicle in the middle of a detected lane and provides tactile and visual alerts if the vehicle is detected drifting out of its lane.
Steering input assist
The system applies torque to the steering to keep the vehicle between the left and right lane lines. The applied torque becomes stronger as the vehicle gets closer to either of the lane lines. When you operate the turn signals to change lanes, the system is suspended and resumes after the signals are off. If you make a lane change without operating the turn signals, the LKAS alerts activate, and torque is applied to the steering.
Important Safety Reminders
The LKAS is for your convenience only. It is not an autonomous driving system and always requires driver attention and control. The system does not work if you take your hands off the steering wheel or fail to steer the vehicle. The LKAS is convenient when it is used on expressways or freeways. Do not place objects on the instrument panel. Objects may reflect on the windshield and prevent correct detection of the traffic lanes. The LKAS only alerts you when lane drift is detected without a turn signal in use. The LKAS may not detect all lane markings or lane departures; accuracy will vary based on weather, speed, and lane marker condition. It is always your responsibility to safely operate the vehicle and avoid collisions. The LKAS may not work properly or may work improperly under certain conditions:
- LKAS Conditions and Limitations
- You can read about handling information for the camera equipped with this system.
Front Wide-View Camera P. 598.
Lane Keep Support Function
Provides assistance to keep the vehicle in the center of the lane. When the vehicle nears a white or yellow line, steering force of the electric power steering will become stronger.
When it fails to detect lanes, the system will temporarily be canceled. When a lane is detected, the system will recover automatically. The LKAS may not function as designed while driving in frequent stop and go traffic, or on roads with sharp curves.
Lane Departure Warning Function
When the vehicle enters the warning area, the LKAS alerts you with slight steering wheel vibration as well as a warning display.\
When the System can be Used
The system can be used when the following conditions are met.
- The lane in which you are driving has detectable lane markers on both sides, and your vehicle is in the center of the lane.
- The vehicle is traveling between about 45 and 90 mph (72 and 145 km/h).
- You are driving on a straight or slightly curved road.
- The turn signals are off.
- The brake pedal is not depressed.
How to activate the system
- Press the LKAS button.
LKAS indicator (white) appears on the gauge.
- The system is standby.
If traffic lane lines are detected, white lines appear on the gauge.
If the vehicle drifts toward either left or right lane line due to the system applying torque, turn off the LKAS and have your vehicle checked by a dealer.
Be sure to keep the following below to activate the system properly;
- Always keep the windshield around the camera clean.
- When cleaning the windshield, be careful not to apply windshield cleanser to the camera lens.
- Do not touch the camera lens.
- Do not attach a sticker to the area around the camera.
- If LKAS button is pressed when the system can be used, LKAS is on without standby.
Keep your vehicle near the center of the lane while driving. The LKAS indicator changes from white to green, and white lines change to green once the system starts operating after detecting the left and right lane markings.
Honda Civic 2023 Top Accessories
[amalinkspro_table id=”32452″ new-window=”on” nofollow=”on” addtocart=”off” /]
View Full User Guide: Honda Civic Hatchback 2022 User Manual
Download Manuals: https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals